First Food For Weaning Baby
When introducing first foods to your weaning baby, it’s important to start with simple, single-ingredient foods that are easy to digest and unlikely to cause allergies. Here are some excellent choices for first foods:
- Pureed Fruits: Start with mild and easily mashed fruits like ripe bananas, cooked and mashed apples, pears, or peaches.
- Pureed Vegetables: Cook and puree soft vegetables such as sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, and butternut squash.
- Avocado: Rich in healthy fats and nutrients, mashed avocado is a great first food.
- Sweet Potato or Carrot Puree: These colorful and nutrient-rich vegetables are usually well-received by babies.
- Pea Puree: A mild and nutritious option that can be easily pureed to a smooth consistency.
- Plain Yogurt: Opt for plain, full-fat yogurt without added sugars. It’s a good source of probiotics and calcium.
Remember, the key is to introduce one new food at a time and wait a few days before introducing another new food. This helps you monitor for any potential allergies or sensitivities. As your baby gets used to different flavors and textures, you can gradually combine foods and increase variety. Always consult your pediatrician before introducing new foods to your baby’s diet.